23 August 2012

wholefood for children




































When my baby's little mouth first opened asking for food, I suddenly realised what a big responsibility this mum thing is. My boy is so pure and it's up to me to keep him this way. When I started feeding him solids from six months I looked to this Wholefood for Children book by natural food guru Jude Blereau that my sister told me about. I love it and it's not just because the pages are coloured in pastel pink and blue sweetness. Her philosophy about food - to keep it whole, organic, nourishing, delicious and served with love - is heartwarming and inspiring. I also love that most of the recipes are for the whole family so it's helping us eat more consciously too. We're a bit hooked on the Baby Kichari recipe consisting of red lentils, quinoa, coconut oil and butternut pumpkin, among other spices and stocks. Do you know how creamy red lentils are! Delicious. Thanks Jude! Her blog is full of recipes and wholefood wisdom but I love holding her book in my hands.

GUEST POST by Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment