18 April 2011

vintage, love, house, decorating

 I don't buy fashion magazines anymore, which is crazy because I used to love them. I'm pretty sure like a lot of my friends we have all got bored of looking at unrealistic, skinny models sprawled on page after page after page. Nothing against models, however if you are not 7ft tall and size 6, it's really not that much fun looking at fashion magazines. SO, to replace this monthly/daily yearn to be visually inspired I now buy interior books (and of course cookbooks). I have found a new love, not that I didn't love them before, for gorgeous spaces, discovering new ways to use your old furniture, decorating with overseas purchases and weekend finds and as Sibella says, generally being a bowerbird. You can find all of the above warmhearted books at where else but anthropologie.

1 comment: